Retirement fund body EPFO launched a mobile application and other phone-based services like accessing PF account details for its over 3.54 crore subscribers, 49.22 lakh pensioners and 6.1 lakh employers.
EPFO launched three mobile based services for the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) members.
- Mobile Application,
- SMS-based UAN (Universal Account Number) Activation and
- Missed Call service
A. Mobile Application
Once the new mobile application from the EPFO website is downloaded, the members would be able to
- activate their UAN accounts from their mobile phones and
- access their accounts to view monthly credits and details available with EPFO.
Similarly, EPF pensioners have been given the option to access their pension disbursement details through this mobile app. Likewise, the employer can also view remittance details.
B. SMS-based UAN (Universal Account Number) Activation
A new SMS-based UAN activation service was also launched, which enables members to activate their accounts by sending an SMS to 7738299899.
Once UAN is activated, the member becomes eligible for all services under the programme such as credit alerts, passbooks etc. This new service is helpful mainly to those members who may not have easy access to computers or smartphones.
EPFO already has in place a Short Code SMS service, which helps members get their details along with contribution and PF balance through an SMS to 7738299899.
C. Missed Call Service
As an extension to this service, a missed call at 011 22901406 will fetch the user all the required details. There will be no additonal cost to the user. As this facility is available only to UAN members, the activation is expected to pick up.
A total of nearly 1.80 crore UAN are activated, 58.72 lakh UAN seeded with Aadhaar and 1.82 crore UAN seeded with bank accounts.
Other ways to check your PF Balance – Important Posts:
- How to check PF balance online and get the balance on SMS
- How to check the online PF passbook (You can also download PF statement (ePassbook) online which shows month-wise transactions in your PF Account)
- How to activate or check your UAN Status online ( You can register for yoru PF Universal Account number & check PF Balance through UAN)
- (NEW) How to check PF balance via sending SMS short code ( You can send SMS to 77382 99899 in prescribed format)