Govt has recently allowed to withdraw your PF early to help employees in Corona virus crisis., You can withdraw upto 75% of your saving. Read full details.
In general circumstances,the EPFO allows account holders to take “non-refundable advance” or withdraw for specified purposes only such as a medical emergency, marriage, higher education or purchase of a house. See details in which scenarios normally you are allowed to withdraw early. But now you can withdraw due to Corona virus impact as well.
How can I submit the request to withdraw my PF balance (take advance)
You can submit the request online. To avail this facility, you should have UAN and Aadhaar and Bank number seeded in the EPFO database. See the details below as to how you can submit the withdrawal request online:
- Login to Member e-Seva Portal using your UAN and password
- Under Online Service –> Click on CLAIM
- Once you click on Claim, you need to re-enter your Bank Account Number
- Enter Amount and Address
- You also need to attached a scan copy of chequebook/ passbook for the bank account mentioned in your EPFO account
- An OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar Mobile number
- Once you enter the ETP, you can submit the form
- The claim will be submitted and a pdf form will be generated for your records.
The online facility to submit withdrawal was launched in 2017. See details.
Check how much PF balance is there in your account?
You can check your PF balance in different ways – check PF passbook, Umang App, Giving a miss call, Sending an SMS. See all the details in a dedicated article on this topic.