Standard Chartered Bank in India offers this “Ultimate” credit cards with many features, benefits and discounts. This is an exclusive credit card which rewards you on travel spends, fine dining and compliments your premium lifestyle with the best reward point value.
The Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card comes in two variants – Ultimate Master World (MasterCard) and Ultimate Visa Infinite (VISA)
SC Ultimate Credit card Benefits
- Joining Benefit: Enjoy up to INR 10,000 cash back* on MakeMyTrip. Just book your tickets within 90 days of card issuance and get the cash back on a single transaction
- 5% cashback* on duty free spends (Max cashback of INR 1000 per month)
- Access to over 1000 airport lounges across the world, with a complimentary Priority Pass membership – Complimentary membership to Priority Pass to primary card holder as well as supplementary card holder. Usage is chargeable at 27 USD per visit. The fees will be waived for 1 visit per month for customers whose card spend in the last month exceeds INR 20,000.
- Free Access to Domestic Airport
- as per MasterCard Exclusive Airport Program (details) – no limit on number of entries
- as per VISA program (details) – Free entry for 4 accesses per calendar quarter (for primary cardholder)
- Access 20 premier golf courses in India and 150 worldwide. (2 complimentary Golf games per month, 1 complimentary g. uest game per month, per valid Cardholder. 1 Complimentary coaching session per month for the Cardholder. The booking needs to be made only through the Ultimate Concierge
- 2% foreign currency markup* fee on overseas spends
- Up to 25% discount* at top 250 restaurants in India with advance reservation via concierge & online booking (https://scb.dineout.co.in/login)
- Earn 5 reward points on every INR 150 spent and get maximum benefit with 1 reward point equal to Re 1
Under the 360° Rewards Program, there are two methods by which you can redeem your reward points available on the credit card. You can redeem the reward points accumulated on your credit card for items across categories such as: Electronics, Home and Family, Lifestyle, Travel, Charity, Instant Rewards, Cashback
Max reward value: Rs 1 = 1 reward point
SC Ultimate points value – Based on the reward points and redemption value – you will get a cashback of 3.33%
Insurance included in the credit card
- Accidental death (Air Accidents) – INR 1 crores
- Emergency Medical Exp – USD 25000
- Baggage Delay (USD 100) , loss of Baggage (USD 750) , Flight delay (USD 200)
SC Ultimate Credit Card Eligibility :
Applicant should be between 21 and 65 with stable monthly income
- First year / Joining fee is Rs 5000 +GST (Joining benefit – Up to 10,000 cash back on MakeMyTrip on payment of fees)
- Annual renewal membership fee is Rs 5000 +GST. (Renewal benefits : 5,000 reward points on payment of fees)
If the renewal fee is levied, 5000 reward points will be credited to the customer account.(Reward point=1) , so effectively the card will be free for you.
This card offers good value as the reward points are provided each year and the reward redemption rate is also good (1 point – Rs 1 ). it offers 5x points that gives approx 3.33% cashback on all purchases.
Also, note that you get the 5000 reward points every year (if renewal fees is paid), so effectively the card is free for you.
There are many credit cards offered by Standard Chartered bank with different features including discount on movies, groceries, dining as well as air travel and hotels, free international and domestic lounge access. Some of the cards offers excellent redemption rewards. See list of all credit cards offered by SC Bank and check which one you should go for.