You Share information, I Donate !!!
In these unusual situations, everyone should be helping and supporting our country to deal with CoronaVirus pandemic. In addition to my donation to PM CARES fund, I want to encourage you all to donate. In this post, I am sharing details about PM CARES fund and how to donate.
Please like, share and comment on this article on your Linkedin, FB etc to increase awareness. For every like, share and comment, I will donate Rs 1 to the PM CARES fund (upto Rs 25k). Don’t worry, i will upload a receipt here :).
Paytm and PhonePe are donating Rs 10 per donation made through them. Obviously, I cannot match them :), but doing my bit to increase awareness. Every Contribution Matters!
What is PM Cares Fund
The PM CARES fund was created on 28th March 2020 to support efforts against CoronaVirus (COVID 19) pandemic in India. The fund is called Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund).
The Prime Minster is the Chairman of the Trust and there are members from defence, home and finance ministry.
Note that PM CARES fund is different from Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF).
What is this fund being used for
The fund will be used for combating, containment and relief efforts against the coronavirus outbreak and similar pandemic like situations in the future.
How much money is collected till now
PM CARES got Rs 6,500 crore donation in a week. Companies and Individuals have come forward to donate. Every contribution matters! The fund allows micro-donations. You can donate as little as Rs 10.
a) Several Large Groups have contributed to the fund:
|Tata Sons||1000 crores|
|Tata Trusts||500 crores|
|Wipro and Aziz Premji Foundation||1125 crores|
|Aditya Birla Group||500 crores|
|Reliance Industries||500 crores|
|Coal India||220 crores|
|Adani Group||100 crores|
|JSW Group||100 crores|
|Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel||100 crores|
|Kotak Bank and Uday Kotak||50 crores|
|Asian Paints||35 crores|
|NLC India||25 crores|
|TVS Motor||25 crores|
|Jindal Steel & Power||25 crores|
|Motilal Oswal||5 crores|
b) Professional Organisations are doing their bit
c) Bollywood Celebrities are contributing, with Akshay Kumar donating Rs 25 crores. some have disclosed the amount and others not:
- Akshay Kumar – Rs 25 crores
- Virat Kohli & Anushka – Rs 3 crores
- Kartik Aaryan – Rs 1 crores
- Bhushan Kumar – Rs 11 crores
d) Paytm & PhonePe – Rs 10 for every user who pays to PM CARES FUND via their app. They are expected to donate Rs 500 crore and Rs 100 crores respectively.
e) Employees from many organisations are contributing one days’s salary:
- On 17th April, Ministry of Finance’s Revenue Dept issued a circular asking employees to contribute their one day’s salary every month till March 2021 voluntarily to the PM CARES fund with an opt-out clause. Any staff objecting to donation need to intimate by 20th April.
Tax Benefits and Other Regulatory Benefits:
- Any contribution made to the PM CARES Fund before 30 June would qualify for a tax exemption under (80G) Income Tax Act, 1961.
- CSR – The Ministry of Corporate Affairs announced that donations to the PM CARES fund would be counted as part of the statutory Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligation of the companies, with additional CSR being offset in subsequent years.
How to Donate
- The best option to contribute is via UPI – pmcares@sbi (make sure you right the correct ID.
- If you use PayTM / PhonePe to make this donation, they will contribute Rs 10 per transfer.
BEWARE – Some fraudsters have created fake UPI accounts to scam people. FAKE accounts are pmcares@pnb, pmcares@hdfcbank, pmcare@yesbank, pmcare@ybl, pmcare@upi, pmcare@sbi and pmcare@icici are fake ids
Contributions can be made by following modes:-
- UPI – Paytm, PhonePe etc
- Net Banking (SBI and other commercial Banks)
- Card Payments – SBI ATM-cum-Debit Card, Other Bank Debit Cards, Credit Card, Prepaid Card, Foreign Card
- Other Payment mode: SBI Branch, NEFT/RTGS
- Contributions can also be made online through the portal of PMO i.e. pmindia.gov.in as well as through the portals of the collection banks.
- SBI, Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Maharashtra
- Axis Bank, IDBI Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, Yes Bank, Kotak Mahindra, IndusInd Bank
Donations deposited in any of these bank accounts are deposited in to PM CARES Fund at SBI, Parliament Street having Account No. ‘2121PM20202’.
|S.N.||Name of the Bank||Account Number / IFSC|
|1||State Bank of India||Savings Bank A/C No. 39238765008 IFSC Code: SBIN0000691|
|2||Central Bank of India||Savings Bank A/C No. 3809123014 IFSC: CBIN0280318|
|3||Indian Overseas Bank||Savings Bank A/c No. 076201003042020 IFSC: IOBA0000762|
|4||Axis Bank||Savings Bank A/c No. 920010023235458 IFSC: UTIB0000007|
|5||IDBI Bank||Savings Bank A/c No. 0011104000631945 IFSC: IBKL0000011|
|6||HDFC Bank||Savings Bank A/c No. 59194700000000 IFSC Code : HDFC0000011|
|7||IDFC First Bank||Savings Bank A/c No. 10053939205 IFSC Code : IDFB0020101|
|8||ICICI Bank||Savings Bank A/C No.663701PMCARE IFSC: ICIC0006637|
|9||Indian Bank||Savings Bank A/C No.6873294550 IFSC: IDIB000N022|
|10||Canara Bank||Savings Bank A/C No. 90552010174360 IFSC: SYNB0009055|
|11||Yes Bank Ltd.||Savings Bank A/C No.000394600001910 IFSC: YESB0000003|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Savings Bank A/C No: 2020111111 IFSC: KKBK0000175|
|13||IndusInd Bank Ltd.||Savings Bank A/c No. 100116111482 IFSC: INDB0000168|
|14||Bank of Maharashtra||Savings Bank A/c No. 60355358964 IFSC: MAHB0001160|
The best option to contribute is via UPI – pmcares@sbi (make sure you right the correct ID.
How to Get Payment Receipt for PM CARES Fund?
Majority of the donors of the PM CARES Fund, who have donated through UPI modes such as Google Pay, PayTM, PhonePe, Amazon Pay and others have received a payment receipt through their email addresses. Therefore, donors need to ensure that the correct email address is provided to receive the payment receipts.