MV SCIF Mauritius, part of US-based asset managment company Van Eck Associates Corporation, picked up over two crore shares of six companies, including Unitech , Tata Elxsi , MTNL and Gitanjali Gems for an estimated amount of Rs 122.54 crore through open market route.
MV SCIF Mauritius purchased
- Unitech ( 1.75 crore) for nearly Rs 58 crore @ Rs 33.07 apiece.
- MTNL (24 lakh),
- Gitanjali Gems (4.97 lakh),
- Tata Elxi (3.29 lakh),
- Ceat Ltd (2.18 lakh),
- Natco Pharma (1.74 lakh).
The entity also offloaded total of 1.92 crore shares worth Rs 64.6 crore of — Ashok Leyland , Spicejet and Punj Lloyd — according to the bulk deal information with the stock exchanges.
In separate transactions, MV SCIF Mauritius sold
- 1.36 crore shares of Ashok Leyland for about Rs 44.50 crore.
- offloaded 28.82 lakh and 27.13 lakh shares of Punj Lloyd and Spicejet, respectively.
Van Eck Global offers investment choices in a broad range of asset classes, including commodities and natural resource equities, emerging market equities and debt.