Rakesh Jhunjhunwala today picked up 1.05 % stake in Jet Airways for Rs 50.52 crore @ Rs 422.76 per share.
Jhunjhunwala’s RARE Enterprises acquired 11,95,000 shares or 1.05 per cent stake in the private airline. The shares were bought at an average price of Rs 422.76, valuing the transaction at Rs 50.52 crore.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala seems upbeat on airline sector.
- Yesterday, he picked up a substantial number of shares in the Initial Public Offering (IPO) of InterGlobe Aviation, which runs low cost airline Indigo
- Last year, he had also purchased shares in another aviation company SpiceJet.
Following the transaction, shares of Jet Airways today surged by as much as 11.28 % to close at Rs 445.40 apiece on the NSE.
During the July-September quarter, Jet Airways posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 83 crore, against a net loss of Rs 42.8 crore a year ago, Also, total sales grew to Rs 5,504 crore during the quarter under review as compared to Rs 5,092 crore in the same period last year.
More from my site
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala buys 30 lakh shares of Man Infra
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala invests Rs 11 crore in HT media
- Morgan Stanley picks up 0.6% stake in Indiabulls Real
- Advanced Enzyme Technologies IPO (AETL IPO)– Review, Oversubscribe, Grey Market premium, Allotment Status & Date, Listing Date & Price
- Dilip Buildcon Limited IPO – Details, Review, opening date, price, listing date, subscription
- L&T Technology IPO Review – L&T Tech Services Allotment Status, Listing Date, Price
- Rakesh Jhunjunwala picks up 1.4% stake in Spicejet
- Top 20 Midcap ideas to invest
- Piramal to acquire 10% stake in Shriram City for Rs 790 cr
- Parag Milk Foods IPO Details & Review – Should you invest in it ?
- Thyrocare Technologies IPO Details & Review – Should you invest in it ?
- PNB Housing Finance IPO Allotment Status & Date, Listing Date & Price, Unblocking of funds, Credit of shares – Review & Details,
If you have any queries related to this article or any other personal finance query ( Investment, Taxation etc), please comment below