Have you moved house recently or joined in new company in new city, make sure you also update your current address in your PAN Card.
Address on your PAN Card is your primary contact address for Income Tax department, so it is important that you keep it updated.
Updating PAN card address is simple – You just need to submit the prescribed form with ID & address proof and nominal fees.
Below are the steps / process for updating the address in your PAN Card.
You an submit the PAN Change Form either Online or Offline
1. Submit PAN Address Change Form Online
a) Use the form – Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)
b) IMP: Make sure than you “TICK” the Box at Left Hand in Point No 7 – Address for Communication
c) Once you submit the Form online, you will get a 15-digit unique acknowledgement number.
d) Save& Print this Acknowledgement, affix two recent colour photographs with white background & Sign across the photo & in the Box provided.
e) The acknowledgement duly signed, affixed with photograph, alongwith demand draft/cheque, if any, proof of existing PAN, proof of identity & address as specified in the application along with any other relevant proof as specified (in Item No.IV – Documents to be submitted along with the application ) is to be sent to NSDL at
‘NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune 411016
f) On Top of Envelope, write – ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-881010200000097’).
g) These should reach to NSDL within 15 days of online application.
2 . Offline – You can also submit the PAN Change form Offline
PAN Card Address Change Form Download
Physical Forms along with payment & proofs can be submitted to NSDL TIN Centres. See the List of centres in your nearest location:
3. Documents or Proof required for PAN Card address change
- 1 School leaving certificate
- 2 Matriculation certificate
- 3 Degree of a recognised educational institution
- 4 Depository account statement
- 5 Credit card statement
- 6 Bank account statement/ bank pass book
- 7 Water bill
- 8 Ration card
- 9 Property tax assessment order
- 10 Passport
- 11 Voters Identity Card
- 12 Driving License
- 13 Certificate of identity signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or Gazetted Officer.
- 1 Electricity bill *
- 2 Telephone bill *
- 3 Depository account statement *
- 4 Credit card statement *
- 5 Bank account statement/bank pass book *
- 6 Rent receipt *
- 7 Employer certificate *
- 8 Passport
- 9 Voters Identity card
- 10 Property tax assessment order
- 11 Driving License
- 12 Ration card
- 13 Certificate of address signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or Gazetted Officer. *
* Documents submitted as proof of address for serial numbers 1 to 7 should not be more than six months old from the date of application
For address in India, Processing Fees is Rs 96 and can be paid by
- Demand Draft
- Credit Card / Debit Card
- Net Banking
For address outside India, Processing Fees is Rs 962
5. Check the PAN Card address change application status
You can check the status of your request to update address for your PAN card at link below:
Please share your experience in updating the PAN card address. Feel free to ask quries at our QA Forum or by comments below.